We Require Renters Insurance At Move In.


The reason we require Renters Insurance is the rare occurrence of a structure fire or perhaps major water damage that will render the Apartment Unit or Rental Home uninhabitable.

We’ve had instances for example in a 4-plex apartment when the upstairs units laundry room flooded both their apartment and the unit directly below them.

In this case the Upstairs unit had Renters Insurance which covered their move and replacement of their furniture and belongings.

The Downstairs unit did not have Renters Insurance and was forced to move out and of course they bore all the expenses.

While our owner did pay for a couple of nights hotel stay for them, he was not obligated to.

So what happened in the Downstairs unit’s case..?  The tenant was given a termination because of the condition of the unit and they lost most of the personal property.

You don’t want to be in this situation and neither does Haven Properties.

You will be required to obtain and maintain your Renter’s Insurance and naming Haven Properties as an “additional insured” which does not cost you anything extra.

To help you find Renter’s Insurance we’ve listed some Insurance companies below to help you obtain your coverage.  Call or email them for a no obligation quote.   We make no recommendations but are providing the below information as a courtesy to you.

AAA Northern California – Insurance Agent – Tim Webb – Phone # 916-351-2628, timothy.webb@norcal.aaa.com   


State Farm Insurance – Insurance Agent – Samantha Ambris – Phone # 916-355-1010, Samantha@KyleMiddleton.com


Farmers Insurance – Jennifer Rich – Phone # 949-420-2373 (office), 562-706-7520 (mobile) jrich@farmersagent.com    http://www.farmersagent.com/jrich 



In the Mean Time…?

Make it a Great Day…!!






Posted by: havenproperties on October 9, 2018
Posted in: Renter's Insurance